Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The End...

This week in blogging 2412 each class member has to do a video review on CBC.ca the end. There are three different videos, each discussing the end of either radio, television, or print. Each video was saying that the internet is taking over these three areas of media. 
I agree in a way. Let me explain. I believe that in a way the internet is stealing away from the original forms of media, however isn't it crucial that things evolve as they always have. There is always a change, something new, a different way of doing things. 

The end of television? I don't think so, there are so many people that all they do is watch television, isn't this the idea behind the Wii exercise, it forces people to get up off their bums. Alright, yes television is being viewed on the internet, but some people still sit down and watch television on a television. I personally like watching it on my computer because there are no commercials. But the end of television... I doubt it. 

No more radio? ARE YOU CRAZY? I love the radio, yea sure there is new satellite radio, but come on, in the car (for those of us that are cheap) I listen to the radio, country radio to be exact. My housemate listens to the radio when she gets up and when she is going to bed, my father listens to the radio in the car all the time (talk radio I might add...). Radio is part of the essence of me, and I love it. 

Print? We still have books? Oh that is what a news paper looks like? Who knew! Print media going out of style I can find a little more believable. At the same time I don't read the paper, I don't buy magazines, I would rather find my article online than go to the library and search out a book. However, even though I'm not into print media, think about how large the reader base is. The fashion magazine business ALONE is a multi-billion dollar business. TAKE THAT INTERNET! 

Overall I think that as internet is creeping in there is still the three main medias holding their own and CBC does discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly. check out the videos and let me know what you think! 

go to www.cbc.ca/theend then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see on the left: watch this program online, watch: CBC: The end of print; the end of radio; the end of television



No comments:

Post a Comment