Sunday, February 8, 2009

Me, Myself, and I


Do you ever go for drives by yourself just because you can? Or simply because you need the space from the world that is constantly surrounding you? 
Today I did just that, I had to make a run to the store to get cookies for the wings of penguins that I am making for my blogging class for Wednesday (Penguin Cupcakes!). Really this is besides the point I am trying to make. I decided that I would go for a drive, I mean it was a beautiful sunny Sunday with great road conditions. I thought that I would try and escape for a while by driving with no where to go - really the best kind of driving. So I drove down richmond and out into the country, turned left onto 20 mile road. Along the way I saw some lovely houses and barns which made me think, who lives there, what are they like, if I met them would they like me? Often I have some strange thoughts like that going through my head, I love to know what people think of me the second that I meet them. So I asked myself, are first impressions how we base our relationship with a friend or an acquaintance? This also got me thinking about the different ways that I have met people. Was I doing something stupid, embarrassing, funny, or was I just being plain clumsy? I don't really know, I feel first impressions influence the way you view a person at first, but once you really get to know them, the first impression really doesn't count. 
So go ahead make a 'special' first impression on someone! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a ridiculously amazing picture you put with this post. I also think the things you think about are interesting. I pretty much agree that I don't really remember the first impression someone made on me once I get to know them..I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. Keep the Simpsons pictures coming!!!

    ReplyDelete