Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All Hail The Cake Batter

When you were younger, 5 or 6, did you ever eat cake batter right off the beaters? Out of the bowl? Off the Spatula? My house mate Sarah and I often do when we have an occasion to cook cakes or cupcakes. By the time we are finished our faces often look like the little boy on the right of the screen.  
I decided at the end of last week that I was going to bake some cupcakes for my blogging class at UWO. Since I don't take my cupcakes lightly, they have many different components. The ones that I have decided to make are penguins, comprised of several different elements. From the bottom there is the cupcake, then icing, next is a mini doughnut covered in chocolate with a doughnut hole on top covered in chocolate. Then it's time for the aesthetics of the penguin: half a chocolate wafer cookie for the wings, white chocolate for the belly and the white of the eyes, a chocolate chip for the eyes, and a fish under its arm to complete the look. 
I really hope they like them! We'll find out tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment